2015-2016 Registration Information
Taft ISD is gearing up for an excellent 2015-2016 school year. We are excited to welcome your student(s) back to school. This letter is to inform you of school registration information and procedures. We look forward to serving your student(s) educational needs this year.
Registration for all new and returning students will be held on August 11th & 12th at the Petty Elementary Cafeteria from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Skyward Family Access will also be available for online registration for returning students from August 3rd through August 12th. Parents will be able to register their children from home, work, or come on registration days.
New students will need to bring a copy of the following documents on the day of registration:
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Social Security card
- Proof of residency in the form of a current utility bill or lease agreement
- Each new student will also need to present his/her most recent report card.
(Copies of birth certificates, immunization records, Social Security Cards, and report cards will be placed in the student's permanent file.)
Returning students need to bring any information to update their current records in Skyward. Please note: All schedules and assignments will not be released until students have been registered. These forms will be available for new students at registration.
To be eligible to enroll in Pre-Kindergarten, students must be four (4) years old on or before September 1st of the current school year, and must qualify upon the verification of one of the following:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language;
- is educationally disadvantaged;
- is homeless;
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States;
- is the child of a member of the armed forces who was injured or killed while on active duty; or
- is or ever has been in foster care.
The above documentation must be provided in addition to the child's birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security Card, and proof of residency.
To be eligible to enroll in Kindergarten, students must be five (5) years old on or before September 1st of the current school year.
Taft ISD Administration